The Ministry of Energy of Uzbekistan presented 10 largest projects in the history of the energy sector of our country.
As the press service of the Ministry of Energy informs, 2021 in the energy sector of Uzbekistan is the year of the largest projects, while many of them have simply never been analogues in the country.
- Over the past 6 months of this year, 10 contracts were signed for the construction of thermal, solar and wind power plants in the power industry with a total capacity of 4341 MW, which is about a third of the current capacity of existing power plants in Uzbekistan.
- This year, for the first time in the history of the electric power industry, 2 large solar power plants with a capacity of 100 MW each will be launched in Navoi and Samarkand regions.
- By the end of the year, thermal and solar power plants with a total capacity of 1,800 MW will be commissioned. The commissioning of such a large capacity of the electric power industry in 1 year has never happened in Uzbekistan before!
- In 2021, additional high-voltage transformers with a total capacity of 1,568 megavolt-amperes (MVA) will be installed at 17 electrical substations. Also before the end of the year, three investment projects are planned to be launched: for the reconstruction of high-voltage line 500 kV “Guzar-Regar”, to expand the outdoor switchgear (OSG) in the substation 500 kV ” Surkhan ” and for the construction of the base substation for power supply of external objects electrified railway line ” Pop-Namangan-Andijan “. Projects of such capacity are being commissioned for the first time within one year.
- During the current year, 15,000 km of low-voltage power transmission lines will be reconstructed and updated, which is the first such large-scale reconstruction in the history of the electric power industry of Uzbekistan.
- Another large-scale work is the modernization and reconstruction of 4 thousand transformer substations, which is being implemented and will be completed by the end of the year.
- This year in the Kashkadarya region the largest investment project in the region and the only one of its kind in the CIS – the Uzbekistan GTL project will be launched.
- In 2021, within the framework of the state program, an automated electricity metering and control system (ASKUE) was installed for all 7 million 300 thousand subscribers.
- In 2021, as part of the implementation of an automated system for accounting and control of natural gas (ASKUG), modern electronic gas meters will be installed free of charge for all more than 3.5 million consumers.
- In 2021, the installation of barcodes on household gas cylinders will be completed throughout the country. Now the control of LPG cylinders will also be provided online.
2021 is a breakthrough year for ensuring the energy security of Uzbekistan, for the planning and implementation of the adopted plans and projects by the Ministry of Energy, together with partner organizations and companies.
These efforts will help ensure affordable and constant electricity supply to both the population and entrepreneurs, which in turn will increase confidence in Uzbekistan and help attract foreign investment to the country.