At present, “Maxam-Chirchiq”, “Navoiazot” and “Ferganaazot” joint-stock companies are producing nitrogen fertilizers: ammonium nitrate, carbamide and ammonium sulfate. “Ammophos”, “Samarkandkimyo” and “Kokand Superphosphate Plant” open joint-stock companies are producing phosphorus-containing fertilizers, ammophos, supraphos, simple ammoniated superphosphate, ammonium sulfo-phosphate and nitro-calcium-phosphate. Kyzylkum Phosphorite Plant supply them with raw materials. JV JSC “Electrokhimzavod” produces various types of chemical plant protection products.
The Company’s enterprises can be divided into the following main production complexes by type of products:
– a complex of production of mineral fertilizers, inorganic substances and chemical reagents for energy, gold mining, chemical industry, with an annual production capacity of over 2.5 million tons;
– a complex of production of organic compounds, artificial fibers, polymeric materials, with an annual production capacity of about 2.0 million tons;
– production of chemical plant protection products, with an annual production capacity of 50 thousand tons;
– production of soda ash, with an annual production capacity of 100 thousand tons.
Enterprises of JSC “Uzkimyosanoat” produce more than 170 items of chemical products.
The current investment activity of JSC “Uzkimyosanoat” is aimed at increasing the most demanded products, the production of which is profitable in Uzbekistan:
– organization of modern production of chemical products and implementation of projects on modernization and reconstruction of existing industries with attraction of investments from foreign and local investors;
– attracting foreign investors in the process of privatization and denationalization of chemical enterprises of Uzbekistan.
The indicated areas of investment activities of the company are important links in the process of developing the chemical industry of Uzbekistan, increasing its production potential and ensuring the functioning of market economy mechanisms.
The Republic of Karakalpakstan, Kashkadarya, Bukhara, Navoi, Surkhandarya and Fergana regions have an important place for implementation of large projects on manufacturing products with high added value and complex technological process in the chemical industry, in view of availability of convenient production infrastructure, communications and logistics.
In accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan of July 12, 2018 No. 534 “On measures of attracting authoritative international experts in development and implementation of long-term programs for reforming key sectors of the economy”, “The Boston Consulting Group” consulting company is conducting a detailed study of the chemical industry for determining the priority areas of development and formation of a list of promising projects for the long term. Completion of activities in these areas is expected until April 1, 2019.